Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

How can i execute process steps when calling a a form in workspace and display the result

Level 2

Hi all,

I hava a process that have two steps

1. the first one executes sql query and returns me "invoices" data, i put this data in the appropriate fields in my xfaForm variable
  2. the second one is a renderFormPDF witch takes an xdp from repository and xfaForm as a Form data.

When i execute the process in the workbench, i have the good result : the pdf has fields filled by data retrived by sql query.

but when i invoke the process from the workspace it gives me only the template without data.

I think that the process is not yet executed .

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Sorry, you would just need a user step if you wanted to route the form to user using the Workspace interface.

Jasmin

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

The form in Workspace gets rendered by the renders service configured on the xfaForm variable.

Are you making that JDBS call within the render serivce or within the main process?

Jasmin

Level 2

Thanks Jasmin,

invoiceCall.JPG

The jdbc call is in the main process , i can't see how to make it within the rendrer service ?

cheers,

Level 10

First you have to use a User step and configure a render service on the xfaForm variable.

There's a lot of different things you need to set. I would suggest to go through this document first. This should teach you the basics of creating a human centric process : http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/8.2/createfirstapp.pdf

Jasmin

Level 2

Hi Jasmin,

I have found how to configure a render service in my process, and it's ok now thanks a lot, but i didn't see  why i have to use a user step here could you explain more please ? ( i have already learned this doc http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/8.2/createfirstapp.pdf  thanks)

Correct answer by
Level 10

Sorry, you would just need a user step if you wanted to route the form to user using the Workspace interface.

Jasmin