Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

How can I control View Size, and Toolbar Views when a PDF loads?

Level 2

at Form:Ready - I need to set the form view ("Fit to Width")and remove the toolbar views (Navigation buttons (hide) and Navigation toolbar - F4, and Top Menu - F8).

How can I code for this?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

I woudl put it on the docReady event .....Paul

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Former Community Member

The Fit to Width command woudl be:

app.execMenuItem("FitWidth");

Hiding Navigationtoolbar woudl be:

app.execMenuItem("ShowHideToolbarNavigation");

Don't know about the other two ......I will have to look them up when I get a chance.

Paul

Level 2

Very cool.

Where are you looking this information up in?

Would love to be in a 'self help' mode more often.

What about if I wanted to 'Fit Actual Size'?

Former Community Member

You are controlling Acrobat so you need AcroForms commands for that. I am using the Acrobat Javascritp API reference.

For actual size the command is:

app.execMenuItem("ActualSize");

Paul

Level 2

Well, I tried it (thanks for the reference material) - but it is not working.

Is there a particular event I need to set this in?

Currently, I put it in thr form:ready event - with no success.

I'm so close - I can taste it.

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

I woudl put it on the docReady event .....Paul

Level 2

Everything works - but the result is more of a toggle.

Is there any way to retrieve the state of the toolbar (visible or hidden) and then if the toolbar is visible - then use the JS APIs?

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----