Expand my Community achievements bar.

Hovering button on all form pages

Former Community Member

A client has upgraded from JetForms to LiveCycle and is missing some of the old platform features.One of them is the possibility of duplicating a form page with just a click on a button. I solved this with

Page.instanceManager.addInstance(1);

However, to use this approach in a PDF form it is necessary to place the button on the form itself. Many of the client's form layouts are already cluttered and they would rather not change anything.

They ask me for a solution where this button could be placed somewhere else. As far as I know it is not possible to create a custom button (or even a menu item) on the Reader unless you place a .js file in the Reader folder structure (client says this is not an acceptable approach).

So I'm left with the possibility (?) of placing a subform over every form and make it visible only when the mouse pointer hovers over a certain area in the form.

Possible? How?

Thank you for any ideas!

Marcos

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi Marcos,

I would strongly recommend AcroButtons from Windjack Solutions. This is a plugin for Acrobat that allows you to create custom buttons, that can hten be set to float in their own toolbar:

Acrobat.png

http://windjack.com/

Hope that helps,

Niall

Former Community Member

Hi Niall,

Thank you for the hint!

So it is possible! 

Season Greetings!

Marcos

Level 10

Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays Marcus!!!