Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Highlight fields button disappeared

Level 4

I tried to search the designer forum before asking this question, ...

When I preview an xdp form in Designer, the "Highlight fields" button displays very quickly and then disappears.  How do I get it to display full time?

Thanks,

Elaine

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

I don't have Acrobat 8 handy but in Reader 8 the same setting applies in the Forms section. Oops my mistake it is under Forms in 9 as well. I should have said Forms and not General....sorry!

Paul

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Former Community Member

When you preview you are using an ActiveX control inside of a browser control. So default menu settings are different. Are you asking for the toggle fields button on the menu to be there or the highlighting of the fields?

Paul

Level 4

Hey Paul,

No, none of the above.  I'm just previewing in Designer, and I have acrobat pro v8 loaded so the preview launches that, right?  It just pops up and disappears lightning fast.  It's happening to my coworker too...

curious,

E

Former Community Member

There is a setting in the preferences for that bar. Open Acrobat, under Edit/Preferences/General - check the "Always hide forms document message bar" setting (make sure you kill all acrobat processes in your task manager) - or there is a javascript command to toggle the highlighting (like the button does).....but you would have to add that to each form.

Paul

Level 4

Thanks Paul, but I don't see that option in Acrobat 8 Pro.

pguerett <forums@adobe.com>

04/28/2009 09:58 AM

Please respond to

clearspace-1192668715-1oGl-2-84uI@mail.forums.adobe.com

To

Amal Schmitz <akschmitz@comerica.com>

cc

Subject

Re: Highlight fields button disappeared

There is a setting in the preferences for that bar. Open Acrobat, under

Edit/Preferences/General - check the "Always hide forms document message

bar" setting (make sure you kill all acrobat processes in your task

manager) - or there is a javascript command to toggle the highlighting

(like the button does).....but you would have to add that to each form.

Paul

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

I don't have Acrobat 8 handy but in Reader 8 the same setting applies in the Forms section. Oops my mistake it is under Forms in 9 as well. I should have said Forms and not General....sorry!

Paul

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----