Expand my Community achievements bar.

Hiding Subforms and adding new subforms

Former Community Member

Hi, I am in the process of creating a

form and would like to have a selection on tick boxes which if the user ticks them will then open the relevant

pages/subforms so would like advice on the easiest way to do that.

Then I would like the users to be able to add the information to the relevant page/subform but if there is more information required then they should be able to click on add additional information button and it creates another page/subform for them to fill in, and again would like advice how to do that.

Thanks

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

You can show/hide objects by scripting against the .presence property.  Here is an example: https://acrobat.com/#d=IFY2ZMg4G9XZmJnJJNSw*w

If you want other objects to move when objects are shown/hidden, then you will need to set the page as a flowed subform. Also save the form as a Dynamic XML form. There are lots of examples on this forum.

In relation to textfields you can set it to expand to fit in the Layout palette and set it to multiline in the Object > Field palette. This means that if the user inputs more data that the initial size of the field, it will expand on exit. If you allow it to have page breaks in the content (again Object > Field palette) then it will start a new page automatically.

Hope that helps,

Niall

Former Community Member

Thanks for the info,

my page was positioned and didn't want to save the form as a Dynamic XML Form, but as a Statuc PDF Form.