Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Hiding Javascript and XML structure in form

Former Community Member

Hi there,

Is there a way to hide the Javascript in a form from people who have Designer?  I am designing a form for a client which will be downloaded from the web and completed.  They don't, however, want people with Designer to see the backend code or the structure of the XML in the form.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Yep you could put a password behind it.

Data/File -> Properties -> Security

I am not sure if this path is totally right... because I have no English version of LC. But you should be able to find it though

I did the same thing... but had to cut out the password later since it was rated as possible "virus" so I had to put it out again

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

Yep you could put a password behind it.

Data/File -> Properties -> Security

I am not sure if this path is totally right... because I have no English version of LC. But you should be able to find it though

I did the same thing... but had to cut out the password later since it was rated as possible "virus" so I had to put it out again

Former Community Member

Note that you are not hiding the script you are merely requiring the user to enter a password to open the form design. Once it is open (using the password) they will see your script. Just making sure that you know.

Paul

Former Community Member

Hi Paul,

Cool - thanks.  Yip, I just tried it and by doing this I can, in a way, hide the design which is what I am trying to do.

Thanks for the heads-up tho.

Roy