Expand my Community achievements bar.

Hiding information before sending to the costumers

Level 1

Hi, first post.

My problem,

I have to make a form with multi-options, but  in the text part, my client is asking me to hide some information,(this  form would be used by mechanics as by passing and sending to costumers. Still our  costumers dont need to receive some specifications and I have like to know  if is posible and if so how to do so?

Thank you very much,

Eduard M

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

You can add script against any object to change its presence property. For example:

TextField.presence = "hidden"; 

will hide the TextField.

There is an example here: http://assure.ly/h7whb8.

There are a couple of options available. For example you could include a button on the form "Prepare beform sending to customer", which would hide the TextField and the button itself. In the click event of the button:

this.presence = "hidden";

Or you could look at how the form is set out and maybe include the script in there.

Hope that helps,

Niall

Level 1

There are a couple of options available. For example you  could include a button on the form "Prepare beform sending to customer",  which would hide the TextField and the button itself. In the click  event of the button:

this.presence = "hidden";

Yes, that's what I have to implement.

Now would need to implement it in a document with multiple pages, and the idea would be to have a button only one, that commands the entire document, with the function of hiding.
Thank you so much for your support

P/d
I would be very grateful if you can give me some extra tips.

Level 10

Hi,

How many objects do you want to hide? If it is not that many then you could just add a line for each object, changing its presence property.

When referencing objects it is important that the relative reference is correct from the button to the object you are trying to reference.

For example, if the object is on the same page and container/subform as the button, then you can simply use the object name:

TextField1.presence = "hidden";

However if the button is on page1 and the TextField is in a subform (mySubform) on page3, then the script would look like:

page3.mySubform.TextField1.presence = "hidden";

Hope that helps,

Niall

Level 1

Hello and thanks for your help again

Let me explain a little bit better, yes, I have documents with numerous pages and depending of  which page it is, I may have 1 to 5 objects to hide, with a total of objects of 30 in the document.

Is it possible that the button do command all the objects to be hide in the whole document.

Regards

Eduard M

Level 10

Hi,

Yes, you can script a single button to control the presence of all of the objects on the form.

If there are several objects on a single page that will have the same presence (eg all of them hidden or all of them visible), then you could wrap them in a subform and then just script against the presence of the subform.

The previous post gives an example of how you would script an object that is on a different page.

Hope that helps,

Niall