Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Hide subform in header line of a table after page break

Former Community Member

Hello all!

I need your help!

In my print form, i created a subform(which contains two more subforms) in a header line of a table to get it on each page after page break.

Depending on a mark, a one of the contained subforms have to be hidden.

In my read:form event i have a formcalc script which controls to hide the subform or not.

So, after generating the form, the first page does not contain the subform in the header, but after page break, the subform is shown.

What i´m doing wrong? Is there a problem, if i try to hide a subform which is contained in a header line of a table?

My opinion is, that when i hide a subform in ready:form, than it is hidden for the complete form.

You can see my problem on the following pictures:

Firstpage.jpg

secondepage.jpg

Does anybody of you have a advice for me?

Regards

Björn

2 Replies

Level 8

Sounds like you might have that subform set to Keep with Next. Also, make sure any header you want repeated has Repeat Subform for Each Data item selected in the Binding tab.

Repeatable headers can be a real pain depending on what your trying to do and the complexity of the table.

Kyle

Former Community Member

Thanks Kyle!

I checked my bindings and also my repeat subform settings. I think, all looks good, because i set up a conditional page break. If this conditional pagebreak occures, the subform in the header is hidden. Just when the data flow leads to an automatic page break than the subform will be shown. It looks to me, that the small formcalc script will be ignored in the form:ready event for automatic page breakes. If i try to hide the subform in layout:ready, than the subform will be invisible, but i get a white block on the place for the subform. So i think something is going wrong when an automatic page break occures.

Regards

Björn