Expand my Community achievements bar.

Hidden Objects made visible, hidden again upon saving?

Level 1

Hello,

I've created a form where I have a master drop down list which causes other "hidden" drop downs to become visible depending upon the selection from the master.

I have the master drop down, and four "hidden" drop downs. Depending on which selection is made in the first drop down list, one of the secondary drop downs then becomes visible. This all works just fine in the pdf form, until I try to save. As soon as I fill out the form, and save, everything that had become visible is now hidden again!

I have been trying to play with the action builder and figure out why, but with no success. Does anyone have any idea what the problem is?

Thanks!

4 Replies

Level 8

Copy the code of the drop down from the change event and put it into the docReady event. And change this.boundItem(xfa.event.newText) to this.rawValue. Note: 'this' might also be a dollar sign ($).

Kyle

Level 1

Sorry, could you give me a little more detail on how to do that? Keeping in mind that all I have done is in the "Action Builder", I unfortunately have zero scripting skills.

Thanks so much

Level 8

1) Add another action to your master drop down. Add two conditions: 'is initialized' and 'text selected' with the value you want selected. Then add the same result as you did with your first action.

2) Stop using action builder

Kyle

Level 1

It worked! Thank you so much, you are a lifesaver. And I know that Action Builder isn't the best way to do things like this, but as I said I have zero scripting skills