When the form is rendered , I have a text field that is Visible but wrapped in Hidden Subform. You cannot see it unitl you click of the button; Subform is Visible and you can enter data in the field. Works fine.
Can someone explain what happens when this field is prepopulated from database. The Subform that hold field is hidden. Is it going to show data when the form is rendered or you have to click on the button to see it?
Hi again 1996,
Here is a sample of how I would design a repeatable subfrom that:
- Starts with no records showing (Initial Count = 0) until either data is imported or the user clicks a button.
- Dynamically shows/hides a friendly message to let the user know if there are no records.
- Micromanages the tab order of the fields by checking whether the fields were exited by using a tab key. If so, it determines the most appropriate field to go to.
(I did this because, in my experience, the default tab order does not function properly for repeatable subforms.)
- Hides the buttons from being printed (I don't like form printouts to have the buttons showing).
- Shows/Hides the various buttons on-screen, depending on whether or not the user should be able to use the button. (If the user shouldn't be able to click a button, I don't think it should be shown).
- Allows the user to add/remove/reposition the 'rows' of the repeatable subform.
All of this functionality can be found in the click, layout:ready, exit and initialize events, where appropriate.
The linked file is a zipped folder (sampleForm.zip) that contains the pdf, as well as a sample XML file to be imported.
That link will expire in about a month. Just a heads up to anyone reading this in the future.
Let me know if you have any questions about how this form is set up.