Expand my Community achievements bar.

Help with XML and Linked Drop down

Level 2

Hi,

I have an XML file with this sample data.  I have a drop down for Country and City.

I would like to populate the country dropdown with all the country names. When a user then selects a country, go into the xml and load the cities of the related ISO code into the city drop down. I do not want to load the complete city list as it is enormous.

<List>

<Country>

<Country_Name>CANADA</Country_Name>

<ISO_Code>CA</ISO_Code>

</Country>...//Lists all the countries

<City>

<ISO_Code>CA</ISO_Code>

<Cityt_Name>TORONTO</City_Name>

</City>... //Lists all the cities

</List>

Is this possible?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

5 Replies

Former Community Member

It is possible but how are you goin to load the xml into the form? Is the user going to import it? Are you going to use form server to merge the data nad form together? Some other means?

Paul

Level 2

Hi Paul,

I want it to automatically import it on docReady.  After the form is complete, the user will save and email it. Users have very restricted access to internet so email is the only way to go.

Henry

Former Community Member

You won't be able to automatically import without the users intervention ...that is why I asked .....do you still want to proceed?

Paul

Level 2

Definitely. I guess that's just an extra step for the user. I'm curious why there is that limitation?

Thanks Paul

Former Community Member

It has to do with security ....Acrobat does not allow you do to anything to the users system without the users knowledge. If you send the xml file to me I will mock up a form for you so you can see how it is done. Send the xml file to LiveCycle8@gmail.com include a brief description of what you want done.

Paul