Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Help with SOM

Level 4

Greetings.

I haven't created these yet and so I don't have a sample form to upload, but could you help me with the code for::

a)  After signature field is signed with Acrobat

email somebody

b)  Permit emailing and printing only after a REQUIRED fileld has been filled

Which methods do I call to implement the above?  For instance, I know to call event.target.mailDoc( ) for email, but what is the code to send email after a digital signature has been applied?  And how do I permit printing ONLY after a required field is filled?  Thanks.

2 Replies

Level 10

You can try placing the send mail code in the psotSign event of the Signature field.

For print, you do not have control over the File menu-> Print option of the Acrobat Reader/ Pro. But if you have placed a Print button on the form, then you can allow the print only after all the conditions are met.

Thanks

Srini

Level 4

Would a Print button over-ride the File - Print menu option automatically  or  do I need to do something more to restrict printing to the Print button only?

Do I need a Save button to control saving, too?

Thank you.