Expand my Community achievements bar.

help with populating fields

Level 1

Hi all,

I'm having a little trouble with an if statement and I wondering if you can help. I'm creating a form where I would like text box field A to populate with information from fields B & C, only if fields D & E match. Below is my current statement. The form keeps getting stuck on the first if statement when all cases are true. Is there a way to have the statement continue even after one case is true (i.e. to make a list in text box A)? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

//form1.DCF.Subform3.NSUFACULTY1::click:

if (form1.DCF.Subform3.PIACADEMICUNIT1==form1.FacePage.Subform1.PIACADEMICUNIT1) then

form1.DCF.Subform3.NSUFACULTY1=forms1.FacePage.Subform1.PINAME1

elseif (form1.DCF.Subform3.PIACADEMICUNIT1==form1.FacePage.Subform1.PIACADEMICUNIT1) then

form1.DCP.Subform3.NSUFACULTY1=form1.FacePage.Subform.NAME2

endif

3 Replies

Former Community Member

There's a typo.

if (form1.DCF.Subform3.PIACADEMICUNIT1==form1.FacePage.Subform1.PIACADEMICUNIT1) then

form1.DCF.Subform3.NSUFACULTY1=forms1.FacePage.Subform1.PINAME1

elseif (form1.DCF.Subform3.PIACADEMICUNIT1==form1.FacePage.Subform1.PIACADEMICUNIT1) then

form1.DCP.Subform3.NSUFACULTY1=form1.FacePage.Subform.NAME2

endif

Level 1

Thanks Steve. Is there anything else I could change? Even with the typo correction it isn't working....

Level 7

I think you still don't have the full path. Try adding .rawValue to the end of your fieldnames, i.e.:

if (form1.DCF.Subform3.PIACADEMICUNIT1.rawValue==form1.FacePage.Subform1.PIACADEMICUNIT1.rawValue) then

form1.DCF.Subform3.NSUFACULTY1.rawValue=form1.FacePage.Subform1.PINAME1.rawValue

elseif (form1.DCF.Subform3.PIACADEMICUNIT1.rawValue==form1.FacePage.Subform1.PIACADEMICUNIT1.rawValue) then

form1.DCP.Subform3.NSUFACULTY1.rawValue=form1.FacePage.Subform.NAME2.rawValue

endif

Also, please double check that the scripting language is set to javascript.