Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.
SOLVED

Help with dropdown lists

Level 1

I'm using LiveCycle Designer ES 8.2  in Windows 7 and I've created a form here: http://olympicanimalsanctuary.org/volunteerapp.pdf

I have two dropdown lists in the form, in the section marked 'internship applicants only' on the right side of the first page.  I created these manually, not with any code. When I try to click on the dropdowns in preview mode as well as in Acrobat and online, the lists will not stay open.  They blink open for a split second and shut again before I can click my selection.  Does anyone else have the same problem with my form, or is this a problem on my computer's end?  Any suggestions?  I've read some other forums where people are having this problem with dropdown menus in other applications as well, but I am only having the issue with my own form.

Today is my first day using this application, so please be gentle.

Thanks,

Steve

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

I suspect that the dropdown objects became corrupted, either you copied the object and then changed its type to a dropdown or the object picked up the atributes of a submit by email object.

If you select the dropdown and go to the XML Source, you will see the click event script is set to "mailto":.

Parallels Desktop1.png

Solution is still the same - drag a new dropdown onto the form.

Niall

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 7

Hi,

I see what you mean. I just swapped them out with new ones and they worked fine. Every time I clicked on your dropdown list, my email client started a new email? That went away as well.

Maybe someone else will spot the cause of the problem--until then, just replace with fresh ones.

Good luck,

Stephen

Former Community Member

I got the same result just now

- loaded form in livecycle and had a look

no code on the dropdrown lists - very strange

just replace seems the best bet.

good luck

greg

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

I suspect that the dropdown objects became corrupted, either you copied the object and then changed its type to a dropdown or the object picked up the atributes of a submit by email object.

If you select the dropdown and go to the XML Source, you will see the click event script is set to "mailto":.

Parallels Desktop1.png

Solution is still the same - drag a new dropdown onto the form.

Niall

Level 1

Thanks everyone.  I think Niall figured out what happened -- I did copy the first one and change the a couple of the list items for the second one.  I've followed everyone's advice and replaced the lists with new ones and they work fine.  Thanks again for your help.

Steve