Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Help with Date field

Level 1

Hi,  I am having two problems with the date field in a form I developed.  1.  One of my date fields is for Date of Birth.  When a user enters any year 1929 or earlier, it automatically converts it to 2029.  So I cannot enter in anyone 80 years old or older.  How do I fix this?  2.  When I open the form in my Adobe reader to test it as my users would I am able to use the feature in the date drop down where you click on the white area in-between the arrows at the top and it allows you to quickly get to dates in the early 1900s.  For some reason my users who I sent my form to cannot use this feature.  The top of their date drop down box is blue.  How do I fix this?

Thanks in advance!

4 Replies

Former Community Member

For your 1st issue it looks like it might be a bug. If I overtype the year after it has been populated it will hold the right year so to me it is an interpretation of what is being passed by the calendar control.

For the 2nd issue, th edifferent calendar is showing up because they are using older versions of Acrobat/Reader. If you click on the year in the blue header then scrolling controls will appear to the right of the year. You can click the up/down controls to cycle to the correct year.

Paul

Level 1

Thanks Paul. For the 2nd issue someone else found that it looks like the difference in how it acts in Window 7 and Vista vs. XP. I have Windows 7 and it acts the same in Vista (white top with ability to move quickly through the years). For most of my end users, they have XP and they get the blue top to the calendar pop up. We had already confirmed that everyone has the latest version of Adobe reader.

Not sure what to do about the possible bug in the calendar control? I deal with a lot of folks over 80 years old and need this to show birth dates of 1929 and before. Any other ideas/solutions out there?

JEspeedy10

Former Community Member

The only thing I can see you doing is typing in the date by hand. The bug has been reported.

Paul