Expand my Community achievements bar.

Help With A Repeating "Row"

Level 3

Hello,

I have a question regarding repeating a row, but I am not sure if this is possible.    I made a simple form, at first I tried making a table to display this, but for some reason my drop downs were causing an error that would not go away.  So I made a table using rectangles.  What I currently have is two rows, one being the header (Date, Start, End, Officer, Code, Location, Notes) and the other being the text fields to input the information.  Currently my hierarchy looks like this:

P1 (flowed)

SF1 (flowed)

Top-Word (positioned)

Header (positioned)

Row1 (positioned)

What I would like to do is have the text fields row move down and a blank one appear above it.  I would then like the cursor to go back to Row 1.  Where I am having issues is having the row repeat itself.  I am also having issues having the drop downs be filtered, where you can type in the words and be able to "search" for them.  I had it working on a different form, but it does not work in this one. 

If anyone needs additional information, please let me know..

Thanks,

Justin

1 Reply

Level 2

There seems to be two separate issues here. The first is making a blank row above rather than below. Do you mean that the blank row should be the first row always when you add a new row or appear just above the existing bottom row? Anyhow, my thoughts on this are that the new row would always come last so you would then copy the contents of the previous row down 1 for each. Some sort of reiteration that will leave the first row blank thus giving the impression of a blank row being added at the top. Perhaps someone smarter than me at code would be able to come up with something that would count the number of rows, loop through from maximum to minimum to move the existing contents down 1 and clear the first row. You may have already tried this as you had the problem of the row repeating itself and I came across this in my attempts too!

The second issue is one of "searching" a drop-down. First try turning on the Checkbox "Allow Custom Entry" for the dropdown in the Object > Field tab. Or you could try something a lot more clever from the post http://forums.adobe.com/message/2533766 .

Hope this helps,

Greig