Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Help, please - I need a box to pop-up when user hovers over a field with their mouse??

Level 1

I created a form with several drop-down fields / questions.  I would  like to create a box that pops up when the person who is filling out the  form hovers over the question/ field with his or her mouse.  The box  would contain additional information about the question that the person  might consider before they select the answer.  I don't want to clutter  the form (and not all form-filler-outers will want or need to see the  additional information) so I want it to pop up when the person hovers  over the question with their mouse.

Can someone provide some help with how I can do this?

I'm still new to this.

Thank you!!!

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

The best way to achieve this is to use tooltips, which are available in the Accessible tab. Select the object and in the Accessibility tab, type in your tooltip. You can insert new lines by holding Control, when you type return.

Parallels Desktop1.png

Hope that helps,

Niall

Level 1

Thank you for responding.  That worked perfectly.  But now, I have one new issue.

I'm done creating my form and I have saved it as a PDF.  My plan is to email a copy of the PDF to several mgrs.  The mgrs would then open the PDF (using Adobe Reader), fill out the form and then "Save As" a newly named completed PDF document on their own computer that could be printed later or pulled up and reviewed later.

Currently, there is a message at the top of the form in the purple field that advises the mgr that the form cannot be saved and that they would have to print the form if they want a copy for themselves.

I went through the forum notes on similar questions about this but I'm just too new with LiveCycle to understand the references to "scripts".  Is there a setting or a way to be able to allow my form to be emailed as an attachment to mgr, completed by the mgr, and then saved as a separate document by the mgr?

Can I send you a copy of my form so you can see what I'm referring to?

I really, really, really appreciate your help!!!

Level 10

You have to apply the Usage Rights to your form before you distribute it.

Go to Tools > Enable Rights in Adobe Reader.

Level 10

Hi,

To follow on from radzmar, here is a summary of the features that are available/restricted depending on how you deploy your form.

options.png

There are two ways to apply Reader rights, one is using Acrobat Standard (v9) or Acrobat Professional (v8). The other is using an Adobe server product called LiveCycle Reader Extensions ES2.

You don't need script to apply the Reader rights to your form. Once you have applied the rights, users with Reader will be able to save the data in the form, however there may still be other restrictions in place, like attaching documents to the form or exporting XML data.

There summary is also available in PDF, with screen shots, here: http://assurehsc.ie/blog/index.php/2010/05/using-livecycle-forms-in-acrobat-and-reader/

Hope that helps,

Niall