Expand my Community achievements bar.

Help needed on Dynamic XML PDF

Level 1

Hello,

I have an urgent need of help. We had a client requirement to develolp a custom form fillable Flowable template. We used adobe LiveCycle Designer to create a flowable form where fields can be suppressed\expanded to save space. LiveCycle form fields are databinded with the XML Schema at design time. After creating forms, data is prepopulated using the 3rd party ITextsharp for .NET dll using a FillXFA API. Filled PDF document appears fine with the data by adobe reader.

However, after we try to either convert this form to an Image I don't see DATA in the form and only see the static template. Our requirement is to take the populated PDF and merge it with another static PDF document. I am new to the adobe livecycle forms and needs assistance. I guess the issue is that final populated form is still XML, So If I open this form that is prepopulated with data into LiveCycle I don't see the data and only template, But we can view the populated form fine with data through adobe reader. Even through windows file preview I only see template, but after I open the file through reader I see the data. If through some way we can convert this snapshot (dynamic pdf = populated data with template) to a static pdf or flatten out the dynamic pdf, it will suffice our requirement.We are sort of stuck from past 10 days on this issue. Any help\feedback is greatly appreciated.

Please let me know if you need any input or examples. Thanks for your time.

Thank You,

Himali Vaid

0 Replies