Expand my Community achievements bar.

Help, my tab order will not work? Tried to troubleshoot, no luck!

Level 2

I created a form used the manual tab order and it would not work. I adjusted the hierarchy and erased all the traversal's in the XML. The tabbing order is now automatic but still out of order pretty badly. Can someone please guide me in the right direction. I really want this form to be over with.

4 Replies

Level 6

Set the Tab order is easy. See View>>Tab Order. Clear instructions are given.

Level 2

That is what I initially tried before I started troubleshooting. I set the tab order the way I wanted it, renamed all the fields and it still would not work. That is when I tried fooling with the hierarchy and traversals. Still out of order. Also my fields are hard to resize now. Before I could resize as little or as much as I wanted and now they are hard to position and if they do resize it is a large amount.

Level 6

Hope you considered following point.....When you set the Tab order you set the order starting 1 to n with in each subform. Setting taborder across the subforms is not an option at least in LC 7 and 8. However there is workaround for this, using setFocus() method.... look more in the help.

Example: xfa.host.setFocus("xfa.form.form1.TextField1");

If you still have difficulty attach a copy of your template and explain in detail what you try to do.

Level 2

Nevermind I got it to work. It seems to work when I select (View > Tab Order) and then select the order I want. After I selected the order, I did not select (View > Tab Order) again as recommended in the instructions. Instead I selected the (Preview  PDF) tab, checked if it was correct, saved it, and now it works fine. Thanks for the suggestion though.