Expand my Community achievements bar.

HELP:Merging External File (JPG/PDF) into XDP/XML Merged PDF on Client

Level 1

I need some serious help pointing me in the right direction.

What I have...and is working:

I have an Invoice Template/PDF/Form created by LiveCycle with form fields.  When requested by the user, in real-time I send XML from my server that is merged with the PDF template to create a single PDF file with multiple pages of invoices.  Each invoice fits on one page.  Works great...technically I think this is called or used XDP to merge the two on the client computer with a PDF and XML being supplied by the server.

The server is just a generic Unix/PHP/MySQL environment...no Adobe products are installed (or can be installed on that machine).  I rely entirely on the client's computer to assemble and create the finished PDF.

What I NEED:

So the client is now asking that I be able to insert receipts into the invoice PDF stream.  So in order words you would still have the invoices above, but if we happen to have scanned receipts for a given invoice, they want those embedded into the PDF.  A finished product would look like:

Page 1 - Invoice 00001
Page 2 - Receipt #1 for Invoice 0001

Page 3 - Receipt #2 for Invoice 0001

Page 4 - Invoice 00002

Page 5 - Invoice 00003

Page 6 - Receipt #1 for Invoice 0003

etc.

Can someone point me in the right direction to make this happen?

Perfect world, I would like to have the invoices be actual images of the receipts (assume we need to have a JPG or PDF scan of the receipt)

Okay world, I guess we could just attach the actual document so if it is XLS, DOC, PDF...etc...I don't need to convert...just attach.

Last choice, I could just include hyperlinks back to our server for the client to click on and open the receipt document as we store it.

0 Replies