Expand my Community achievements bar.

help me to solve this problem!

Level 1

I generated a PDF template file used by the Adobe liveCycle designer.

And the template contains some textFields, every textField has the default value.

Then I sent this template to my customer, and he opened the template and printed it.

It is ok when he open and preview it, but something wrong when he print this template,

all the textFields' default value were not displayed on the paper.

so, i want to ask the reasons caused this problem.

(We use the remote printing, the printer is in another location in,

and i suspect that the version of the PDF reader on client will be the key factor, but i am not sure about that.

if you have any other suggestions, pls let me know.)

3 Replies

Former Community Member

How did you assign the default values? Did you set it in code in the initialize event or did you use the default field in the designer object palette?

Paul

Level 1

hi, Paul

Thanks for your reply.

I set the default value under the design modal(use the adobe livecycle designer), not in the initialize event, when I insert a textfield into my template, then you can set this textfield a default value, meanwhile you can set the size or font of this textfield as well(just like a property editor).

and I can see the default value has been shown in the textfiled, and then I save this template file to a dynamic pdf file.

There is no problem when the customer open and preview this pdf template, but all the textfileds were not shown in the paper when you printed it out.

I do not know what is default field in the designer object palette that your mentioned on your reply,

your meaning is wheather I used the standard textfield control in the designer livecycle tool?

I am not sure wheather you clear my question or not, anyway, I really really thanks for your reply.

warm regards

Ronnie

在2009-10-19,pguerett <forums@adobe.com> 写道:

>How did you assign the default values? Did you set it in code in the initialize event or did you use the default field in the designer object palette?

>?

>Paul

>

Former Community Member

You are doing it the proper way ....can you attach your form so I can try it here?

Paul