Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Help! Forms not submitting!

Level 1

I know this topic has been discussed in past threads but I can't find a solution that works for my form. Users can't use the form I created in LiveCycle unless they are in Outlook (at least this is what I think is the problem). The submit button I created doesn't work and I know the string is correct. I'm at the end of my rope. I added the submit button hoping it would alleviate the other problem I've had: users submit forms and they appear blank for me.

6 Replies

Level 4

HI,

Are your users completing the forms in Reader or Acrobat? If they are using a Reader to view and complete the forms, then the forms must be enabled in order fo the entered data to be saved along with the form. Otherwise, when the user sends the form back to you, it will be blank.

As for the form submit button - that is not going to send a completed form either. It will send the entered data in xml format.

I hope this helps....I am light years away from being any kind of expert on this stuff, but I have tackled the problems you have described.

~Jennifer

Level 1

Thanks, JennyAnnRowe. I did enable the form's user rights but it still didn't work. I also tried using a blank button and changed its controls so that it would submit as a PDF (rather than using the default submit button that only allows the data to be sent in XML format). I guess I will just have to go back to XML form data submissions.

Level 4

Hmm. Wish I had more knowledge and could be of more help here!  I am sure yours will be answered soon.

Good luck!

~Jenny

Former Community Member

When enabling the form, it will ask to save, go ahead and save the form once.

But, DO NOT RESAVE THE FORM, because, it will invalidate the extended rights.

Note:

If you need to parse the field values into a database, file, email or merge or populate the PDF with some data, you might want to check out iText (JAVA), iTextSharp(.Net), or FDFToolkit.net (.Net).

Useful links:

http://www.fdftoolkit.net/

http://www.nk-inc.com/

Message was edited by: NKOWA

Level 1

Thanks, NKOWA. But if I do not resave it after extending the rights, will those rights remain?

Former Community Member

Q: if I do not resave it after extending the rights, will those rights remain?

A: The Reader Extended PDF will remain valid until the form is modified and resaved in Acrobat PRO. But if you have reader, you can save the data+form w/o losing the rights as long as you don't modify the form fields or underlying document schema.