Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Help fix my form

Level 2

Hello everyone,

I have been reading the forms for a couple weeks now and I have learned greatly from them. I have experimented, tried to implement different things on my form and I have in my limited Adobe experience came close to what I am trying to achieve.

However; I am still having a couple issues and I am asking for help again. I have created my form and have created dynamic fields that duplicate when you choose the "add row" button to my table. It will also delete the added row with the delete row button. This works successfully. After that I have a text field that I have told to allow multiple lines and that works successfully and I will need it to expand to multiple pages if necessary. I think this might work however have not fully tested that feature. The issue I am having is when my table rows are added they cross over the text field just below duplicating table row. I know that the form can be told to push down the fields as rows are added so this will not happen however I just can not seem to figure it out. I am not sure if it is something in my subform settings, hierarchy structure or what.

I have also created a second table at the bottom of the form which I need to add rows on demand also. I used the same java code for that table and row adjusting for the second table name ( ) (Table2._Row1.addinstance(1);) however it is not adding the rows on demand.

I have seen many people post their form on here and others "fix" them and provide helpful guidance. I would like to ask for help with my form and would like to post it so it can be reviewed by any kind person that is willing to help but I do not know how to link my form.

Can anyone help me with my first issue of telling me how to post my form and then possibly help with fixing my form??

Thanks,

Shane

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Your settings for 2nd table are the same as your 1st working table?

I can't see what could be happening. Post your form here so we can see it.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 5

Shane,

You need to configure your subform as Flowed. By doing this when you add rows, it pushes the other fields automatically.

Let's say, for example, that you have in your page a group of textfields then a table and finally another group of fields:

Page 1

textfield1

textfield2

textfield3

table

row1

row2

textfield4

textfield5

You should put all of this in subforms and set up as follows:

Page 1 -> Flowed

Subform1 -> Positioned

textfield1

textfield2

textfield3

table -> Flowed

row1

row2

subform2 -> Positioned

textfield4

textfield5

The subform1 and 2 you can either set as Flowed os leave as Positioned, but have in mind that when you want some field to have dynamic behavior, like grow, you need to set up it parent subform as Flowed. Thus your dynamic fields won't grow up in front of other fields.

This is how I work, if anyone has another idea, please come up

Hope this helps.

Diego

Level 2

Ok with your advise I have all but one feature fixed.

At the end of my form a I have a second single row table with drop down fields, text fields etc in the columns. I have added a button just like I have for the first expandable table (that one works fine. I can add and delete rows from it). My parent document is set to flowed. The java script I have used for the second table add row button is Table2._Row1.addinstance(1);

This table is set on the parent document and is not in a subform. There are two positioned subforms in the hierachy above my second table. My first table is not wraped in subform either. I believe it expands because the parent document is set to flowed.

How would you suggest that I get my last single row table to dupliate the row when I click the add button?

-Shane

Correct answer by
Level 5

Your settings for 2nd table are the same as your 1st working table?

I can't see what could be happening. Post your form here so we can see it.

Level 2

Diego-Silva,

Thank you so much for your posts. Your advice put me on the path to discovering my solution. My form is fully funstioning now. It could use some tweaks to improve it but it is at least in a functioning state for now.

One thing that I would like to change though is I created a table with a single row and six columns. In each column in that row I created a subform that is positioned. In each column I placed two standard fields (text, drop down list...etc). I did it this way because I have not discovered how to link (group) two rows in a table to add at once when I click my add button. It would be a cleaner form if I could have two rows in the tables that both add at once however until I discover how to do this it works the way I created it.

Also I have a standard text field without a comment. I have expanded this to the left and right margins for the body of the report. This expands as you write your report. However when you print it the report body is surrounded by a black box (border). I have tried to adjust the borders to nothing so there is no box and from everything I am seeing in the settings for that text field I dont believe there should be a border.....I would like to remove this so there is just the report body when printed.

Again thanks for all your help.

-Shane