Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Hello, I need to perform sequential numbering in my Purchase Order Form which is created in Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES4.

Level 2

Hello, I need to perform sequential numbering in my Purchase Order Form which is created in Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES4.

We follow the practise of document numbering as KSU/PO/2014-15/0001, KSU/PO/2014-15/0002.

So, I want that only the last four digits that is 0001, 0002 gets incremented automatically at every time whenever I generate a new PO.

Please help asap. Thanks for your kind help.

Rajat

E-mail: rajatgarg281@gmail.com

2 Replies

Level 5

Greetings,

You have a couple of options depending on whether you need to display the number when the form is created, or saved.

You will need a 'Back-end' data store - most likely a database with a table that at a minimum keeps track of the last used number.

If you are saving the data from the form into a database, you could return the number to the user after saving the data ( and generating the associated number )

If you are wanting to display the number when the form is first opened, you will need to set up an action profile that fires when the form opens to call the back-end and get the next number.

There is no guarantee that the user will save this form, so you may end up with gaps in your sequence if you are assigning numbers other than when saving.

The forum has many posts on loading data into forms before presentation, and also some on using web services to push and pull data from forms.

Hope this helps

Mark

Level 2

Thanks for the advise. But actually I am weak at Java scripting and database part.

It would be a pleasure if you can elaborate the step by step guide on how to do that.

If you want I can give you the form which I have created.

Plz reply asap

Thanks.