Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Hello and Help?

Former Community Member

Help?

I have a form with a drop down list and want allow custom text entries which are not in the existing list to be added to the existing list.

6 Replies

Former Community Member

I guess I want to allow custom text entry and add to list if that makes sense.

Thanks for any help

Former Community Member

It looks like the default Flex component does not allow a Custom Entry. You can either create a custom component (which will allow a Custom Entry) or you can add a field where the user can enter what they want to add and then add it to the drop down list  when the user exits the field.

Paul

Former Community Member

I am a newbie, and don't have a clue what a flex component is.

Attached is my form and I am trying to add the above functionality to the "Realtor" field and maybea few more fields if need be.

Thanks for the insight but I think I need a little more help with this.

Former Community Member

Before we go any further you do realize that you need a server based product (called LiveCycle Forms) to Render the Guide once it has been built .....right?

Paul

Former Community Member

Yes I am using LiveCycle to create this form

Former Community Member

Creating the form (using LC Designer) is not what I was referring to. Once the form is created and working the way you want, you have to put the XDP file on a server and the LiveCycle Forms product must be used to create the Guide for the end user in real time. This is the part that I was referring to.

Paul