Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

HeaderRow Subsequent Page Textfield not expandable?

Level 10

Hi everyone,

I have this form which there's a header row that contains textfields, within the subsequent pages the header row should be included.

But when the header row has a second instance within the subsequent page, if the textfield has 2 or more lines it does not expand correctly.

So i created a simple form to try different things, here is what I managed to do with the headers :

headers.png

The first header row, is the normal one

The second header row, I tried a label within a subform

The third header row I tried a text field within a subform

The last header row is a textfield as a cell within a table....

anyone has any ideas or ever encountered this before and would know how to get this fix?

I am using LiveCycle Designer ES2

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

I see what you mean, does seem strange.  I notice that the binding for the header row text field is wrong as well. The first one is;

xfa[0].datasets[0].data[0].form1[0].Page1[0].frmTable[0].Table1[0].HeaderRow[0].TextField1[0]

While the second header is;

xfa[0].datasets[0].data[0].form1[0].Page1[0].frmTable[0].Table1[0].TextField1[0]

(that is no HeaderRow[1] node)

Changing the binding to global or explicitly setting the binding seems to fix the problem, can you use that as a work around?

Bruce

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

I don't see this happening, or maybe I'm not understanding the scenario, here's what I used to try and reproduce it https://sites.google.com/site/livecycledesignercookbooks/home/HeaderRowMultilineTextField.pdf?attred...

Can you share your form?

Bruce

Level 10

Hi Bruce,

I forgot to mention that the value within the textfield is changeable but only in the first instance,

my goal is to keep the same value as the first HeaderRow to the subsequent pages, but this is where it does not work correctly

here have a look at this form

HeaderRow_NotExpandable.pdf - Google Drive

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

I see what you mean, does seem strange.  I notice that the binding for the header row text field is wrong as well. The first one is;

xfa[0].datasets[0].data[0].form1[0].Page1[0].frmTable[0].Table1[0].HeaderRow[0].TextField1[0]

While the second header is;

xfa[0].datasets[0].data[0].form1[0].Page1[0].frmTable[0].Table1[0].TextField1[0]

(that is no HeaderRow[1] node)

Changing the binding to global or explicitly setting the binding seems to fix the problem, can you use that as a work around?

Bruce

Level 10

Thanks big time, I forgot about that functionality!