Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Having some troubles with annotations, hyperlinks, images within PDFs

Former Community Member

Hello all.

I am having a few issues with my PDFs and I hope that someone can assist me.

First, I want to state that we are using LCES2 SP1, with Workbench, Designer, Workspace, PDF generator and Reader Extensions. We do not currently have Output.

Situation:

I have created several forms in Designer that present the user with information from an XML submitted via a .net app. The info includes customer data, URLs to other pages and a URL to an image/s which I embed within the PDF for presentation.

In addition to the customer data, the forms present one or more embedded images from the XML which are different every time(dynamically embedded in form). We also present several URLs from the XML which I have hyperlinked. We also need to capture Annotations/markups on the PDF.

I have the dynamically populated images displaying correctly to the user. Annotations and the hyperlinks are basically functioning correctly as well.

My issues:

The problems that I have encountered are:

1. The embedded images that are presented do not show the annotations on them. It seems as though the annotations are marking on the PDF behind the embedded images. For example, if I draw a line across the PDF, the line is there but will not show on the actual images. Is there a way to push the images back and bring the annotations etc in front?

2. The hyperlinks work correctly except that when we open the PDFs in Workspace, the hyperlinks open the page within the Workspace area. Is there a way to force the Hyperlinks from Workspace to open the page in a new browser tab or page? I have attempted to use the target="_blank" with no success.

3. The annotations are being captured and collected ok within LC. I can see the updated XML which includes the markups etc. I have attempted to then use the updated XML to present the PDF, including the annotations, to the next user in the TaskAssignment. Even using Reader Extensions, the annotations/drawings do not display to the next user in their Task. However, if I open the same document using Acrobat Pro, the annotations are displayed correctly. Anyone have an idea what I am doing wrong? Do we require the use of Output to flatten the document with the annotations?

Thank you all for your assistance

David

3 Replies

Former Community Member

Hi,

three years later I have the same problem as David posted in no. 1.

I created a PDF form in LCD with image fields and text fields that are filled within another software. In LCD I placed the fields in the background. After the pdf fields have been filled within the other software the user wants to add markups and comments on it.

But the markups on the PDF appear behind the images and texts. I need the markups in front, how can I manage this??

Best regards,

MiHue

markups_behind_imagefield.jpg

Level 10

The image field is an interactive widget which is always in the foreground.

If you use a static image instead, which will not overlay your comments.

Former Community Member

Hi Radzmar,

thanks for your quick answer. But I need to use an image field object because my pdf is a print template and a special software generates the image on the fly. No way to handle this?