Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Having Page Fields Automatically Go To The Next Page

Level 3

Hello,

I have yet another question. What I am trying to achieve is this.  We have a questionaire that is filled out and based on the responses, I would like a image field to appear below the question.  The only problem I have is that, there are multiple questions that would need to be moved.  I am wondering if there is a way to do this so that the questions would automatically move down to the next page and allow space for the image field.  I am not even sure where to begin with this, but know this will make a HUGE difference in my form.  Any one have an idea if this is possible?

Thanks!

Justin

8 Replies

Level 8

If you wrap everything in a Flowed subform (top bottom) then all your objects will be stacked from the top of the page to the bottom and any pagination. All the objects thats position needs to be maintained, wrap in a Positioned subform before wrapping them in a Flowed one.

Kyle

Level 3

Kyle,

The problem I have is when I put the form I created into a Flowed subform, everything gets pushed to the left and will not let me change any of the layout... am I missing a step?

Thanks for the reply (again) .

Justin

Level 3

So I did some additional reading online about making the entire form flowed, and then having positioned subforms, but I cannot figure out what I need to do to make this work.   I uploaded my form to Acrobat.com, but cannot figure out how to post the link..  Can anyone help me figure this out... my frustration levels are going through the roof...

justin

Level 1

I'm not sure if this answers your question; but, instead of setting the subform to top to bottom (under where you said you wanted flowed) try western text. Hope that works for you.

Level 3

Thansk for the reply.. Nothing I do makes it work the way I want.  Pretty much in a nut shell, I want to be able to create a hidden image field, and when someone clicks "Yes" on a question with radio button, the entire form moves down, showing the image field so the user can add an image... I just think this one is not possible

Justin

Level 3

Kyle,

Just uploaded it... I did not get a link and not sure if I am supposed to.

Thanks!

Justin

Level 8

You need to use flowed subforms. I wrapped each individual question in positioned subforms then wrapped all of those in a flowed subform so that they are all stacked one on top of the other. That way they can paginate and move when content is added or taken away. That is the true nature of a dynamic form.

Of course I didn't do your whole form just the first few questions to give you an idea of what I'm talking about and so you can see how it works.

I posted it here:http://www.fieldeffecttechnologies.com/AdobeForums/LSTnoTOOL.pdf

Kyle