Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guide Problem - Validation on Submit

Former Community Member

Hi all,

We have recently developed a Form Guide application with a customized button bar layout.

We are having problems in the way validation works in Form Guide.

The Form Guide application has 4 pages / sections, you can move from one page to other with 'Next' and 'Back' buttons.
If I do not fill the mandatory fields on the first 3 pages / sections and click 'Next'(button), a dialog box pops up giving field validation

error message eg: "Please enter your first name" .

But when I do not fill the mandatory fields on the last page and click 'Submit' button, a dialog box pops giving page validation error message.  It just gives a general "Page Validation failed" message (rather than a message regarding the individual field

Is there a way to customize the validation message on the last page?

Please let me know if you need more information. It will be great if any one of you can post some information on this.

2 Replies

Former Community Member

In the configuration of the Guide I woudl set it up to validate upon exit of a page .....then you shodul be able to determine which validation is causing the trouble.

Paul

Former Community Member

Thanks Paul

The issue we are having is not due to a script error, but that the form submit button appears to try to validate the entire form before the inidividual field validations work

I heard via other sources that we need to change our Flex wrapper, such that the Submit button is hidden (and replaced with a "Dummy" submit button)

The Dummy button then runs the field validation, and then invokes the Submit button click event if all successful.