Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Global Constants -> Process Variables

Former Community Member

I know that you can set up variables as constants in a process so that you can manipulate the value through AdminUI.  These are per process constants though.  Is there any way to set up constants that are available within a process that are global to the entire LC install?

For example, I may have certain strings that are used in an emails across all processes depending on what LC instance is executing the process.

The way I do it now is to define an XML document that exists in the repository. Each LC instance uses the same XML schema, but the values can differ. I have a process (that can remain identical across all LC instances) that reads this file and assigns the XML values to process variables.

Just curious as to if there was a better way given that Adobe certainly thought about the issue of constants at least on a per process basis.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

That's a good way of doing it.

We don't have anything built-in that would make it easier than that.

Essentially you need a service that can give you those values. Whether it's a process or a custom component.

Jasmin

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

That's a good way of doing it.

We don't have anything built-in that would make it easier than that.

Essentially you need a service that can give you those values. Whether it's a process or a custom component.

Jasmin