Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Getting rid of borders on captions above fields

Level 1

Hi, (über-noob alert)

How do I get rid of the black borders to the left, right and above a field when the caption is above the field?forms-borders.jpg

The borders of the field are set to 'none'. I could have no caption and place the captions as simple text blocks, but seems a needless workaround.

Tahnks in advance,

Simon.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

a textfield has two border settings.

One for the entire object and one for the text edit UI element you typing in the text.

The objects border is accessible from the Border palette and need to be set to none.

The UI elements border is located under the Object palette in the visibility dialog (select customize...).

Here you also select none for the edges and white for the filling of the text edit UI element.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 4

Change the caption position of textfield to 'top' from the Layout Palette and make a rectangle over it. After these settings it will look like as below

display.jpg

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

a textfield has two border settings.

One for the entire object and one for the text edit UI element you typing in the text.

The objects border is accessible from the Border palette and need to be set to none.

The UI elements border is located under the Object palette in the visibility dialog (select customize...).

Here you also select none for the edges and white for the filling of the text edit UI element.

Level 1

Hi Radzmar, perfect - I'm learning more every day!