Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Geting embeded image from PDF?

Level 2

I have a PDF document in which there are some images embeded. I want to edit those images. The images are embeded into the PDF. When i click on image in LiveCycle Designer it shows me a embed link (./abc/someimage.png). How can i get that image?

I want to get that image, edit in some photo editer and then again linked to the PDF.

Any help?

thanks

Faraz

2 Replies

Level 7

The only thing I can think of would be to open the form in Designer, delete all the other pages leaving the page with the image on it by itself and save it with a new name. Then you could open the new form in Acrobat and save the entire page as an image, there are a couple of different formats available in the Save As drop down list. Once you have the entire page saved as an image, you can open it in the photo editor of your choice, crop out anything else that may be on the page and alter the remaining image. I know it's convoluted, but it's the only way I know of to strip the image out (assuming you have no access to the original image).

djaknow

Former Community Member

I woudl go back to the source PDF file. There is an export images function in Acrobat that will create image files for you. You woudl have to assemble the PDF again, then you coudl use the Edit/Replace Artwork in Designer to update the background PDF with the updated PDF.

Paul