Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Get image field to be on edge of page

Level 1

I have an image field that I need to be flush up against the edge of the page, however I cannot seem to get it to work

Here is picture of what it currently looks like:http://imgur.com/4WVVudi. The person should be touching the bottom and right edges of the page.

How can I get it so the space is removed between the picture and the page edge?

4 Replies

Level 7

Is your Content Area flush against the bottom right corner of the page?

Do you have "snap to grid" enabled? If so, the picture may be snapping to the part of the grid near the top left of your picture, and that's pulling it away just a bit.

If snap to grid is enabled, make sure that the picture's dimensions are evenly divisible by the grid points. e.g., my grid points are 1/8" apart. So, I need my picture to be multiples of 1/8" like 1/8", 1/4", 3/8", etc. If it isn't, then I have to either scale the image or turn off snap to grid.

Level 1

I do not have snap to grid enabled, and I have placed the image field right in the bottom.

It appears fine in Live Cycle, but when the user opens it with reader and places their image in the image field it is no longer against the side of the page

Level 7

OK, I was having trouble reproducing your issue. I got up to 800% and still couldn't see a line outside of the picture.

Then I added a border to my "(untitled subform) (page 1)". Voila! Now there's a little bit showing. Do you have the border showing on your form?

Level 1

I figured it out. I was importing a pdf to use as the "background image". For some reason, this gives me no ability to control the content area, which was stuck at its default. The defualt content area does not extend to the edge of the page. I fixed it by using a jpg as the background image instead of a pdf. This allows me to control the pages content area.

Thanks for the help!