Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Get Acrobat to Login to Adminui vs. Rights Management App

Former Community Member

I am using Rights Management on LiveCycle 8.2 and managing my users in ES. A problem I am encountering is that certain operations, like revoking documents launch the URL to have the user login to the Rights Management app. But since my users aren't configured there, the logins do not work.

Is there a way to reconfigure either Acrobat or the Rights Management App to redirect appropriately?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

It does use the common store ....perhaps you did not give those users the rights in livecyle to access that application. In the LiveCycle Adminui you need to give the users the "LiveCycle Rights Management Manage Invited and Local Users" right.

Paul

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Former Community Member

I am confused .....LiveCycle uses a shared User store ...... so logging into any part of LiveCycle will use common users.

Paul

Former Community Member

True, LiveCycle uses a common User Store, but when certain menu items are used from Acrobat, they direct to a web application (https://localhost:8443/edc/Login.do) distributed with ES, but this application does not use the common store. I don't know much about why this is the case, but have been told that it is by design.

Perhaps there is some configuration that needs to occur to allow the policy server app to use the LC ES User Store?

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

It does use the common store ....perhaps you did not give those users the rights in livecyle to access that application. In the LiveCycle Adminui you need to give the users the "LiveCycle Rights Management Manage Invited and Local Users" right.

Paul

Former Community Member

Thanks Paul,

I guess what confused me was the fact that I had no problems whatever applying policies or doing any of the actions via the Rights Management Module in the adminui and would have thought Super Admin didn't need explicitly added to that role.

Seems to work now.

Thanks again!

Former Community Member

Apparently not with respect to Rights Management. I have been told that this was deliberately designed this way and has to do with Policy Server being a stand alone product at some point.

The User store for LiveCycle isn't shared with the legacy Policy Server application and that is the URL that the native applications (such as Acrobat or the Office RM Extensions) direct to from certain menu options. The URL format is as follows : http://localhost:8443/edc? Etc. That application seems to use a separate store altogether as I can not even log in using my administrator credentials.

Ryan M. Jacobs

rjacobs@cardinalsolutions.com

Former Community Member

In the version 7 days it was a separate user base but since version 8 it has a common user store. The app is protected by that right I mentioned. So all is good now?

Paul

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----