Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Generate email and send it to the person whose name appear on the form

Former Community Member

May I ask if it is possible to do this task in LiveCycle Designer:

How to generate an email and send it to those people whose name appear on the form.

E.g. Team Member: John Smith, Jane Doe, Jannie Willis are shown on the form and when the user submit the form (which will route to another person whose name is not on the form by LiveCycle Workbench), it will generate the email to send to these people (John Smith, Jane Doe, Jannie Willis).

Any one please advise if this can be done.

Thanks in advance,

HD

6 Replies

Level 1

I'd like help with this too. Where you able to get help Han?

Level 10

Hi,

this depends if you have their e-mail already. It is impossible to send an e-mail to someone which you only know their name to 1 exception. If their e-mail is according to their name. E.g. John Smith -> john.smith@blabla.com

If their name is not the e-mail address and if you don't know to which domain to send the e-mail, you will have to ask the e-mail address for every persons.

Level 1

Thanks for your reply!!

The user would type in the email in the input field on the form. Then when they press submit, it will be sent to the email they inserted (as opposed to being hard coded in the process)

Thanks again!

Level 10

Hi,

you can easily send your forms to an email that appears in a form field using JavaScript.

Here's a macro for Designer ES2 and above that will generate such script on a regular button.

It can inserts data into To, Bc, Bcc, Subject and Message from any form field.

LiveCycle Blog: MailTo Macher Makro V1.0//MailTo Maker Macro V1.0

Level 1

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY!

Can this be then imported into workbench?

Level 10

Hi,

the macro was designed for Designer not Workbench.