Expand my Community achievements bar.

GDS location in clustered Windows ES2 environment

Level 1

Hi, I'm in the process of setting up a two-node LiveCycle ES2 horizontal cluster (Windows/JBoss). I'm not sure what to do about the location for the global document storage. I know it has to be accessible from both nodes, but it can't be a UNC path (\\server\share) - must be a drive letter.

My first thought was just to map the shared location to a drive letter, and this is actually what the Adobe documentation suggests. But in Windows, mapped network drives are only associated with a user logon. So I could set them up to map when I personally login to the servers, for example, but the mapping won't actually happen until my user account logs in. These servers are clustered so they are highly available and we want them to work whether or not a user is logged in. But in all my research, it appears there is no way to map network drives prior to a user login in Windows (I tried it as a scheduled task, a service, a startup script, etc).

So what can be done in this situation? Has anyone in here dealt with a clustered ES2 installation on Windows?

0 Replies