Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Functionality Question

Level 2

Hello,

I had a question (and it is a newbie question) as to whether or not LiveCycle had the ability to determine what forms a particular field is used on. If I were to create a field to capture the "last name"and then used that field on 15 different forms, is there a way to go to that field and have it list what forms it is being used on?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

There is nothing inherent in the product that will do that. If you build a fragment that has that field in it you can get a report as to which forms are using that fragment (assuming that you are using LiveCycle Server repository to store the assets). Note that a fragment can have 1-many objects on it.

Paul

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

There is nothing inherent in the product that will do that. If you build a fragment that has that field in it you can get a report as to which forms are using that fragment (assuming that you are using LiveCycle Server repository to store the assets). Note that a fragment can have 1-many objects on it.

Paul

Level 2

Paul, thanks for the response, now I have a follow-up questions:

1. Does Adobe Live cycle have a Repositary that we can run report on - which contain the cross reference which contain for each Forms what are the Fragments, templates, master pages, sub forms that are used.
  2. I have the same quesiton for Tags / data Dictionary elements on the Forms? Does Adobe Livecycle store Tags/ Data Dictionary elements on the Forms in some repositary for reference for each form that can be accessed

Former Community Member

Yes there is a repository on LiveCycle server. It does allow you to see the correlation between fragments and templates. It will not report on the internals of the template (i.e. master pages, subforms individual fields etc). As the templates are all XML based you coudl create a system where when you store a  template in teh repository that it is interrogated and all aspects that you want to track are stored in a DB. Then you coudl run reports on the data in teh DB.

No it does not ...you coudl expand teh DB idea to include these types of elements.

If you are interested in pursuing these types of questions you should be speaking to an account manager and an SE.

Paul

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----