Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Fragment reference has local overrides

Former Community Member

Hi

I'm working on an xdp document which has a fragment in it.  Even though I never change anything in this fragment, the form intermittently gets the warning "This fragment reference has local overrides to one or more properties of the source fragment".  The only way I've found to clear this is to remove the fragment and then put it back in again.

Does anyone know a way to stop this from happening or failing that a way to remove the local overrides?

Thanks

Dan

11 Replies

Former Community Member

If you have references set up in your fragment, then you change the reference in the main form that error will be generated. Typically this is due to binding configuration. So you woudl use a relative reference in the fragment and when you load it into that main form you would only have to update the binding on the root node of the fragment.

Hope that helps

Paul

Former Community Member

Thanks for your reply, but I'm not sure what you mean by "references set up in your fragment".  My fragment doesn't reference any other fragment if that's what you mean.

Former Community Member

Do you do binding in your fragment? Have you set up a datasource in the fragment?

Paul

Former Community Member

Then there goes my theory ...can you send the form and the fragments to LiveCycle8@gmail.com and I will have a look when I get a chance. Please include a description of the issue in the email.

Paul

Level 8

Hi Dan,

I am using fragments, I am getting the same warning:

"this fragment reference has local overrides..."

I appreciate if if you let me know how you resolved this message?

Tarek.

Level 2

I've had to stop using fragments altogether because of this bug: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3117315#3117315

I think I did solve it though.  IIRC there was some kind of pagination setting in the fragment or referencing form (can't remember which) that caused it to put line feeds/carriage returns into the XML for no apparent reason.

Sorry I can't be more precise.

Level 8

Thanks a lot... that actually solved my problem. It was very simple issue that I changed one of the properties of the fragment inside the container form. When I removed all settings from the XML Source, the error was cleared.

Tarek.

Level 2

Wow - I didn't expect to have actually been any use there!

Level 4

Thank you for posting this, i have same issues as OP. Except im using  OLEDB connection.

Im working with a simple value-list that i want to populate with database data. I created a fragment drop-down list as well as added in that fragment the datasource to the DB.

On the fragment page, when i press F5 it loads in great and i can see the data.

I save and quite, then open another form and slide that fragment on my form, then i endup with that fragment error OP was explaining.

Im using LiveCycle Designer 8.2.

Is there any way to fix this little problem so that i could use that fragment drop-down-list anywhere and anytime?

Im at a Beginner level. But i will ask if i need more clarification

thank you very much,

Pat_rrick