Expand my Community achievements bar.

Fragment problem

Former Community Member

Hi

Our xdp's are rendered on our site as rendered html form  or rendered pdf form depending on which the client wants.

we've started using simple fragments for the address page a the end of the form.

let's say there are 30 different xdp's all with the same fragment xdp which are on the server in the same directory.

when we made a change to the fragment we ran into a problem with the rendered pdf form not showing the revised

fragment.

i've read that previewing the pdf in designer would work. but that doesn't seem to be the case with a rendered pdf.

also would i have to open and preview all 30 xdp's for this to work.

if so ,why use fragments if you have to open and upload every xdp.

thank you

Karl Nowak

4 Replies

Former Community Member

Fragments are resolved at runtime. If yor 30 forms are saved as XDPs then rendered when the user requewtes them, then the

fragments will be resolved and any changes to them will also be picked up. If you saved the 30 forms as PDFs , then they already are rendered and the fragment has been resolved (at teh time of PDF creation).

Make sense?

Paul

Former Community Member

Hi Paul

That would would make sense

But we have form where the xdp was rendered as an html and the fragment reflected the change

Then we rendered the same xdp as pdf and the fragment was the unchanged one

Here is a link to a form where the fragment is different on the same xdp

http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/cgi-bin/search/eforms/index.cgi?app=prfl&frm=isp1011oas&ln=eng

The fragment on the pdf is an old one

The fragment on the html is a new one

It's the same xdp

That doesn't make sense

Karl

Former Community Member

Agreed that doesn't make sense ....are you sure you are using the same XDP?

This is impossible to debug through the forum. I suggest that you contact support or your SE to help you debug what is happening....but I can tell you that when you change the fragment all forms that are rendered from that point on will get the new fragment.

Paul

Former Community Member

Yea it's the same xdp

We've been scratching our heads here,I'll get in touch with support

Thanks anyway

Karl