Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Fragment library

Level 4

With all our company forms, we use a Drop Down Box for all our deparmental names.  We have just gone through a restructure and have renamed majority of our departments.  Just wondering, if I was to create this drop down box as a Fragment, am I able to change the size of the box according to each particular form?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Nope .....when the df is generated the reference to the fragment is resolved, so if you save the form out of designer as a PDF then the fragment is read at that time any subsequent changes will not be seen. If you create the PDF in real time (when the user asks for it) then you are always grabing the latest fragment and hence getting the latest updates. This is done by saving the form in its native format (XDP) and rendering it through LiveCycle Form server product when the user asks for it.

Make sense?

Paul

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Former Community Member

The size of the dropdown will be dictated by what you set in the fragment. You will not e able to change it from the main form (unless you embed the fragment into the host form).

Paul

Level 4

That is what I thought.  If I were to embed the fragment it wouldn't be updated if I were to edited the fragment would it?

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Nope .....when the df is generated the reference to the fragment is resolved, so if you save the form out of designer as a PDF then the fragment is read at that time any subsequent changes will not be seen. If you create the PDF in real time (when the user asks for it) then you are always grabing the latest fragment and hence getting the latest updates. This is done by saving the form in its native format (XDP) and rendering it through LiveCycle Form server product when the user asks for it.

Make sense?

Paul

Level 4

Not really but that is OK.  I hope that I won't need to use Fragments.  If I do I will come back to you later.

Cheers

Jenny

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----