Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

FormCalc Validation Error Message

Level 2

I am receiving a validation error (NumFinalCommit Validate Error) when I enter a USD currency value of $10,000.00 or greater in the "Purchase Order Value" field or the "Change Notice Amount" field in the upper, right corner of the attached PDF. The FormCalc functions correctly, but the error message is annoying for the end users.

Can someone offer any advice on how to disable the validation error message?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

The problem is not having a semicolon at the end of your script in the Calculate event. I modified the form and now the error message is not coming up..

Attached the modified file.. 

Thanks

Srini

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

The problem is not having a semicolon at the end of your script in the Calculate event. I modified the form and now the error message is not coming up..

Attached the modified file.. 

Thanks

Srini

Level 6

The validation message is correct. Problem is Purchase Order Value and Change Notice Amount having zzz,zz9.99 (6 digit number capable) and the sum of this both Estimated Final Commitment having only 4 digit number capability, which is incorrect.

You are restricting ur self with the format string - z,zz9.99 (Line 472 of xml source view) for the field of NumFinalCommit.

This means u cannot enter more than 4 digit number.

verify the format strings and capacity for all three fields  to ur needs.

Hope this will help.

RAGHU.

Level 2

Srini,

Your modified PDF works perfectly.  I will assume that in addition to the missing semicolon, you may have altered the XML (line 472 per Raghu's comments) to get the script working.

In any case, thanks to both of you for your assistance with this issue.

Sincerely,

Eric