Expand my Community achievements bar.

FormCalc Question(s)

Level 2

I am working in Designer 8.2 and am trying to recreate the attached Excel spreadsheet.  I am a Super Novice when it comes to FormCalc.  Can anyone assist me?  I have the table created; I'm just having issues getting things to calculate PERIOD.

Thank you.

5 Replies

Former Community Member

I just posted a sample in the thread Summing Field not Updating. Take a look and see if it helps. If it does not, let me know.

Steve

Level 2

Thanks for the email but my form still isn't working at all....  I have been receive a slew of error messages and I'm not sure why...

There are 5 areas where the end-user must enter data and there are 4 cells that should calculate based on the data entered.

Level 2

Sure thing!  :-)  I've been trying EVERYTHING I can think of for the calculating code...so don't laugh at what I have there!  :-)

Former Community Member

No worries. The form is for sharing and learning. Take a look at the attached, it yields the following result:

foo.PNG

This form does not use a table. Tables are overused and lead to all kinds of grief. Unless you have need to repeat and crunch numbers, tables are costly in terms of the size of the PDF and rendering time.

The trick is to get familiar the toolbar option Edit > Copy Multiple. You can easily create the appearance of a table.

Steve