Expand my Community achievements bar.

FormCalc. Hiding the subtotal footer in PDF form

Former Community Member

Hi, LCD gurus!

I've got a problem that I'm unable to solve for a couple of days.

There is a PDF form (consignment note) with header, lots of positions and footer. The original task with it was to make the last position of the data table be on the same page with the form footer.

I managed to do this by adding second table (consisting of 1 row), placed in subform together with form footer. The last position of the main table was dynamically hidden, it's content was copied to the second table.

The subform didn't allow page breaks, so my task of placing page breaks before the last position of the form was completed. It was done by Adobe

Now the only trouble is that it is necessary to have page footers with page total on every page. That's where the problem settled.

If I create a main table footer (calculating the totals by FormCalc) with checkbox "Include footer in final page", I need to hide it when some positions of the main page are on the same page with the second (one-row) table. Of course, I set up the footer of the second table with the necessary calculations, but it doesn't matter at the moment. The problem is that I can't figure out, where is the "tail" of the main table located until the layout:ready event has come. After that I know the page of any table position, but it's too late to hide the footer - after layout:ready hiding the footer won't lift up the second table and there's an annoying blank line in that case.

I tried another way - not checking "Include footer in final page". Then the footer on the pre-last page of the document doesn't appear in case this page is last for the main table (and then follows page break and the second table with form footer).

So, my global question to the form developers is - is it possible somehow to get (at least appoximately) page of form elements BEFORE the layout:ready event?

Or is it possible to make $.presence = "hidden" of the element after layout:ready and not having blank line instead of it?

Thanx for your reading this stuff up to this

0 Replies