Expand my Community achievements bar.

Formatting text

Level 1

I am using  the trial version of Acrobat Pro-9 with LiveCycle Designer before buying.  I changed 2 words on a formatted .pdf document and all justified paragraphs are now unformatted. How do I return my document to prior format. I have not been able to locate any instructions on the website.  Please help.  Thank you.

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

You may need to ask your question in the Acrobat forums, this forum is more focused on LC Designer.

If you created the PDF in LC Designer and opened it in Acrobat I would not expect that inputting data would change the justification. Pressing Control+E will bring up the formatting toolbar. If your PDF has elements that allow formatting you will be able to use this toolbar.

On the other hand if you have native PDF (eg created from a Word document), then there are text editing tools. If you have done extensive editing with the text TouchUp tool, then that can throw formatting out of position:

Acrobat1.png

Good luck,

Niall

Level 1

Thank you for your help.  The original document was apparently created through LiveCycle.  The problem came when I "touched-up" 2 words and tried to save the new document - all paragraphs were saved in an unformatted style and now I cannot figure out what happened.

Level 10

Hi,

If you open the document in Acrobat and go to File > Properties. This will tell you how the PDF was produced:

For example this was produced in LC Designer:

Acrobat1.png

Whereas this was produced via Acrobat:

Acrobat1.png

LC Designer creates XFA forms that are in a PDF wrapper. While a LC Designer XFA form opens in Acrobat/Reader they are a completely different animal, when compared to native PDFs. For example the TouchUp tool is not available in an XFA form.

I would recommend going back to your original program that generated the PDF in the first place and editing the document there.

Good luck,

Niall