Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Formatting text within a distributable pdf form

Level 1

Hi all,

I posted this question to another forum but was told I might have more luck here.

I am using LiveCycle Designer 8.0 to create a pdf form for people to fill out. I want them to be able to use rich text for their responses so that, for example, they can italicize or underline the text that they're entering within the text fields.

Within LiveCycle, I've made the fields rich text (instead of plain text), and, in fact, you can use rich text when filling out the form with Acrobat.  The problem is that, after the form is submitted with Acrobat (and sent to me in an e-mail), the text within the completed pdf reverts back to plain text and all formatting is lost (so, for example, someone can fill out the form using bold, underline, italics, different fonts and typefaces, etc., but once (s)he submits the form and it is sent to me, i only see what they filled out in plain text).

Does anyone think they can help?  I've checked the forums for similiar posts, like this one, but haven't come across solutions for my situation.

Many thanks in advance!

1 Reply

Former Community Member

Just tried it here and it worked fine .....can you send the form to LiveCycle8@gmail.com so i can have a look. Please include a description of the issue.

Thanks

Paul