Expand my Community achievements bar.

Formatting issues with repeatable subform

Level 1

I've created a repeatable subform, which works, but when a new instance is added (with a button), the first instance (the original subform) is moved onto the second page with the second instance, leaving a big gaping hole of white space on the first page. Does anyone know how to make sure the original subform stays put? It is positioned within a flowed subform, I have Allow Page Breaks unchecked, its place is Following Previous, and after as Continue Filling Parent, and in the Binding I have Repeat checked off with a min. count of 1.

Also, if I keep adding subforms, the last one doesn't fit onto the page, so it gets cut off. How do I set it so if there isn't room the subform goes onto a new page?

Thanks!
Karen

2 Replies

Level 7

Check Allow Page Breaks to allow the original instance to stay on its own page. The parent subform should be set to Flowed, the child subform (the one you're reapeating) should be set to Positioned. If you have one master page you should also not be setting a Max page occurrence in order to allow the form to continue to generate more pages. If you have more than one master page, at least one of them should be set with no Max occurrence.

Level 1

Ah ha! Checking off Allow Page Breaks on the original subform did the trick.

Thank you!