Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Form won't distribute. Here's the error and everything I've tried so far. Hope you can help

Level 2

I've seen at least 2 similar posts on the web, but they ended with no answer. After creating my form with LiveCycle Designer, saving as pdf, and hitting "DISTRIBUTE", I get this error:

"The filename you specified is not valid because it does not include a .pdf extension, contains one or more invalid characters, or the path preceding it refers to a protected system location."

So I've done all of the following, many of which were recommended in the other 2 posts, but similarly, have reached a dead-end. Distribute still doesn't work, so I can't use my form:

1. I tried checking and unchecking the "hide extensions for known file types".
  2. I tried resaving the pdf with a simple one word name, no special characters, a word like hello.
  3. I tried moving the pdf and saving to C:\   root.
  4. There are no errors on the form.

Why am I getting this error? I put a lot of work into the form, so am eager to start using it, but I can't really use it properly until I get past this Distribute step. I don't mind posting the form so someone can take a look at it and please help me. Thanks.

3 Replies

Former Community Member

I am not an expert in the distribute functionality but if you send me your form I will try it here and see if I can figure out what is wrong. Send it to LiveCycle8@gmail.com ....please include a description of the issue in your email.

Paul

Level 2

Can anyone help? Anyway to open this up to discussion?

Good product but, if I can't get it to distribute, it's wortheless, and a bit frustrating to put all that effort into creating nice forms, only to get the same error over & over. I'm sure someone can help.

Thanks.

Level 2

FOR ANYONE WHO HAS THE SAME PROBLEM

I FOUND THE "PROBLEM". IT'S SIMPLE:

The file was just too deep within a path (folder inside a folder etc). All you have to do is move/copy the form/pdf to your desktop, then open it and hit Distribute. You will no longer get that error.

Hope that helps.