Expand my Community achievements bar.

Form with Custom Font?

Level 1

I make editable PDF's for my site that include cards, invitations, etc.  I provide my client with the PDF file (edited in LiveCycle to add form fields) then they get to type in what they'd like it to say.  Is there a setting where they can pick any font they have on their computer to use?  I've seen a PDF before that allowed the user to type a phrase into Word using any font they'd like, copy and paste it into the field in Reader, and it would maintain the font the client used.  How would I do this?  Any ideas?

3 Replies

Former Community Member

The font can be included with the PDF but you only get one shot at it ....when the PDF is created. In your case the PDF already exists and all fonts that are used in that form are embedded in there. There is no means that I am aware of to add a font after the PDF has been created.

Paul

Level 1

I'm aware of the possibility of embedding a font.  Would you just embed all fonts, then the client can change it based on their taste?  I thought that was a possibility, but I could be mistaken.

Level 1

Answered it myself after spending a little more time.  To have the client customize the text they just need to turn on the properties bar in Reader and then they can customize the font size and type directly in there.