Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Form Submission to FTP or HTTP

Level 1

I have made an application form.  I would like to have the users be able to submit the form either to a FTP or HTTP location.  Is there a way I can create a message or some kind of automated confirmation that once the submission button has been clicked the application form goes a way and a message appears confirming the application has been submitted.  At this point nothing changes and I could wind up with lots of repeats because users keep clicking expecting a change.  Thanks!

1 Reply

Level 10

Just like an HTML page you can return another page to indicate that the server has recieved your message. If you are doing this from a browser then an HTML page can be returned. If you are in a standalone Reader/Acrobat then the HTML page will not be interpretted. You can however send back a PDF page.

This will not stop the user from hitting submit multiple times. You can hide the real submit button, and put up a regular button (that look slike a submit to the user) and have it press the real submit for you, then lock the button so that the user cannot press it again.

Hope that helps

Paul