Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Form flow help

Level 2

I am new to LiveCycle Designer and trying to create a flow form with an expandable text object, but when I set it up it is not working.  I have subforms set to positioned and the main set to flowed.  I've watched several videos and still stuck!  Please help.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

You are welcome. See the comments in the reply where I explained what I did..really nothing significant, just wrapping pieces of your form in several subform, then using the subform "positioned" (the fields don't move) and "flowed" (the fields can expand and flow).

If you will, please mark the question as answered.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 2

Link to the form: https://we.tl/AgyEExT3Zk

The expandable text field is "Enter Text Here"

Thank you.

Level 4

If all you want to do is have that one field expand and have everything else below appear after the expanded text field, I have fixed your form to  do that.

I organized your material in three subforms (all on one page). Subform 1 is positioned. Subform 2: I made your text field expandable in the Object tab by checking "Allow multiple lines. I then created subform 2 and set the content to be "flowed" from the subform tab.

You can now type into the text field and when you exit the field, that field will expand to accommodate entered text, and Subform 3 will be pushed down lower on your form.

The revised form is here:  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nbcotxs1oddlxi8/AABva-CnzSniy20ruJQtb-v1a?dl=0

Level 2

Thank you so much!  That was so nice of you.  Where did I go wrong?  Please let me know so I can learn from this.

Thanks again!

Correct answer by
Level 4

You are welcome. See the comments in the reply where I explained what I did..really nothing significant, just wrapping pieces of your form in several subform, then using the subform "positioned" (the fields don't move) and "flowed" (the fields can expand and flow).

If you will, please mark the question as answered.